Exercise is about moving your body, moving your mind through your thoughts, and practising the skills that you have already learnt or developing new ones. Exercise is a great way to stay fit and healthy and through exercise you are able to get in touch with yourself as it makes you aware of the ways you move and act through your body and mind.
Exercise can be a lot of fun, and it is through exercising that you are able to let go of any unsettled feelings, loss of concentration or urges to wiggle. There doesn’t always have to be rules for exercising, and you can use your imagination to make up games and practise different things, just so long as you enjoy it and if a friend or family member comes along, you can invite them to join in too.
The more you move around and exercise physically, the more you’ll feel better about yourself, because it helps to circulate oxygen around your body. When you are able to breathe deeply and send breath through your entire body, every cell in your body is re-energised, which makes you feel much better at the end of the day. The benefits of exercise, like with any skill, improves the more regularly that you do it. Exercising is also a nice thing to do to help you fall asleep at night, because it can be relaxing for you and this means your dreams will be more pleasant too.
If you have drawn this card today, it could be a reminder about exercising as a way of getting your mind off what you think to be challenging. It could also be a message for you to exercise different skills to assist you with something that you might be facing. Maybe it’s just time for you to have some fun!
Exercising is a great way to connect with your body and mind, which are both very special. To help you feel better about exercising you could say things like;
- As I exercise, I breathe through to my whole body.
- Exercise is enjoyable and I feel great about myself.
- I enjoy exercising my body and mind and I have a lot of fun when I do it.
Focusing and Rejuvenating Your Body, Mind and Spirit
1. Find a place where you can stand quietly and comfortably.
2. Close your eyes and begin to breathe in and out nice and deeply.
3. Stand with your feet, shoulder width apart and make sure your knees are bent, your feet are flat on the ground and are pointing forwards in front of you.
4. Using your tongue, touch the top of the inside of your mouth (in the space behind your top front teeth).
5. Imagine that as you stand, your ankles, knees and legs are sinking into the ground. These muscles are becoming relaxed as they drop into the ground.
6. Continue to imagine this sinking feeling, as your hips, shoulders, elbows, arms and neck sink.
7. Imagine that there is a string at the top of your head and this string is being pulled up towards the sky.
8. Relax and it will start to feel cool, warm or tingly in your spine.
9. As you stand here in this position, imagine there is water flowing through you.
10. With every breath in, this water flows in though the top of your head and down the front of your body and out through the bottom of your feet.
11. With every breath out, this water enters through the bottom of your feet and travels up through the back of your body and out through the top of your head.
12. Continue this breathing cycle nine times.
One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine.
13. Hold your hands out in front of you, like you are holding a ball and think of someone whom you would like to share this nice, uplifting energy with.
14. Imagine that you are throwing this ball with both of your hands and it is caught by the person you have thought of.
15. Take a deep breath and gently open your eyes. You are focused, relaxed and refreshed, ready for whatever challenges await you.