There is a bond that links each and every person and living thing together. Everyone and everything that is living is made up of the same energy that enables them to live. This is a reminder that all of life is the same on the inside at the deepest level, while on the outside things might appear different in ways that are unique to another’s way of experiencing life itself. When we think about family, we usually think about those closest to us, like our parents, siblings, grandparents, aunties, uncles, and cousins, and so on. There is a deeper meaning to family and this goes beyond the relationships that bond with blood and goes on to extending your hearts out to everything and consider it as family.
The way that you treat another person is the way that you treat another brother or sister of yours. The ways that you speak to someone, simply reflects how you would treat that of your own kind. Although you might be different in the ways that you look and the ways that you live, you still breathe the same air, live on the same planet, admire the same sun and moon and contain the same energy that they do. If you think about it this way, there shouldn’t be any reason to think that you and someone else are separate.
Family is about unity and bringing people together through compassion, love, and understanding for one another. Although you might have your differences with one another, think about how these things add to your learning and make you special. Think about how these things help to create a greater place to live on this planet. Extend your arms and hearts, and look past any small differences and look on the inside of yourself and all of life. As you learn to do this, you are able to get along with others a lot easier and you communicate and express yourself in more peaceful ways. Seeing everything and everyone as family serves to create a world that is bound together by love.
The worlds of your special friends, like those from the kingdoms of angels, fairies and unicorns don’t leave anybody out because they are full of love and they know how special you are for being a member of this great big magical family. Remember this yourself and be a loving brother and sister to everyone in the world around you.
Here is something you can say to remind you that everyone is a part of the same family:
“Everyone in my world is my brother and sister. We are all a part of the same special family, here to bless one another with love and joy."
Spirit of Family Exercise
1. Find a quiet place where you can relax, close your eyes and breathe deeply.
2. As you begin to breathe in and out, imagine that every breath in, you are breathing in pink energy.
3. This pink energy enters in through your mouth and travels throughout your body, down through the bottom of your feet and into the ground beneath you.
4. With every breath out, imagine that this pink energy comes back up through the ground, your feet and your body and it exits through your mouth.
5. Continue this deep breathing and imagine that the pink energy that you have been breathing out forms a cloud that fills the air around you.
6. With every breath in and out, this pink cloud grows in size and becomes brighter in colour.
7. As this pink cloud grows, it touches everything in the space around you and everything is becoming filled with the pink energy of love.
8. This pink energy keeps on growing and growing and there is enough for everyone.
9. Any animal, person, place or thing that you think of or imagine will receive this pink energy.
10. Continue to hold these beautiful thoughts, knowing that all of life is welcomed into this world by love.
11. This is the kind of love that reminds you that deep down inside, each and all beings are from the same place of existing.
12. When you feel that you are finished or ready to return to your everyday life, imagine that this pink energy wraps around you and forms a cocoon.
13. Begin to wiggle your fingers, your toes, take a nice deep breath and gently open your eyes.
14. Write down your feelings and your thoughts in your journal afterwards.