Follow Your Heart
Following your heart is about you trusting yourself and trusting what truly represents you and your best interests. Your heart is the centre of who you are, and when you are faced with having to make a decision about something, it is most important for you to do so in a way that meets your needs as best as you can. Sometimes it might be easier for us to do things just to please others, and then it turns out that they didn’t work out the best for us. It is ever so important to remember to do things for the sake of yourself and your own needs firstly, before trying to meet the ones of those around you.
There might be a sense of feeling like you’ve got to do what you can to please others, but remember that this isn’t what life is all about. You are here to learn and grow from your own lessons and experiences, so life is about you making choices that best reflect who you are and what you would like.
For example, you might follow a group of friends in doing something that they all think is ‘cool’, but deep inside, you know that it might not be the best thing for you. In these instances, where you seem like you may have to go along with what everyone else is doing, remember that you don’t need to! You are free to make your own choices dear children. You are here as individuals on your own paths and life journeys. From the smallest things to the biggest things, we would like to remind you that you are free to be yourself!
When it comes time to making a decision, one of the greatest things you can do, is to ask your body for a message, or to ask your angels and special friends for a sign that you will clearly recognise. Your body is very effective in telling you what you really need.
You can try this by placing one hand on your stomach and the other hand on your heart, Ask yourself your question about the decision you have to make, for example;
“How does it feel to go along and follow my friends? How does it feel to try something new?”
As you ask yourself these questions, notice whether you feel like you have butterflies in your stomach and if it feels tight, or whether you feel warm and fuzzy in your heart area.
When you ask yourself and trust yourself, you come from a place that is most true to you. Whatever you experience that follows, represents experiences that are the most true for you. Be in touch with yourself, reflect upon the world within, and know that you are safe and always guided by love.
Listening to Your Heart
1. You will need a pen and notepad for this exercise. Please fold your page in half or draw a line down the middle of the page.
2. Find a relaxing and quiet place where you can sit or lie comfortably.
3. Breathe in through your nose and allow your breath travel throughout your body.
4. Breathe out through your nose and let go of anything that you are worried about.
5. Think of a time when you felt nervous about something, like when you felt like you knew something wasn’t right or went against your feelings.
6. Pay attention to the way your stomach felt, the thoughts that were in your mind and the way that you spoke of yourself or the situation.
7. Take your time to think of this and when something comes to mind, write it down in the first half of your page.
8. After you have written on your page, think of a time where your heart spoke to you and you thought or did something that felt right for you and write this on the second half of your page.
9. Think about your thoughts during this time, the way that you spoke about yourself or the situation and try to remember your feelings and emotions afterwards.
10. Look at both of the things that you have written and ask yourself again, to remember how each of these times felt.
11. Notice how your stomach feels when you focus on what wasn’t right for you and notice how your heart feels when you focus on the time where something felt right for you.
12. Sit with these feelings for a moment and if you feel like thinking and writing some more, try to think of another of each situations.
13. When you have written all that you can remember for the day, close your eyes and say to yourself three times, “I promise to myself that I will pay more attention to these feelings and I listen to the messages of my heart.”
14. Imagine that your heart sings with joy every time that you listen to it and each time it glows a beautiful green colour.
15. This green colour flows into every other area of your life and it brings happiness into every choice big and small.
16. Imagine this green colour wrapping around you and you are ready to awaken, to follow your heart in your everyday life.
17. Take a deep breath and gently open your eyes.
18. You can write down your experiences in your journal and you can return to this exercise whenever you wish to strengthen your communication with your heart.