Friendships are formed in the many walks of life and at every turn in life. Some friends come into your life, while other may leave. Some stay for a short time, while others stay with you for years and for your whole life. Some people have friends that are people, while others may have angels, animals, faeries and trees! It doesn’t matter what form your friends take on and whether you or others can see them or not. Friendships are formed for a reason, as there is something magical in the ways that you connect with each other.
The most important thing to think about with your friendships is how much you are blessed by having these friends in your life. Friendship is about celebrating the wonderful things that others have to offer you in life. Perhaps it is a time for you to remember all the fun things you’ve done with your friends. Friends that you come across in life have something to offer and teach you, just as you do with them. They are here to support you and here to bless you in many different ways. Sometimes when friends are upset with each other, it doesn’t mean that there is something wrong with their friendship, it just means that they need their own space to think of better ways to be friends to themselves and each other.
Knowing that your friends are special, this is also a message about you! Friendship is also about recognising how wonderful a friend you are to yourself and others. When you are a friend to yourself, meaning that you look after yourself in loving ways and you treat yourself nicely, you attract friends to you mirror some these qualities within you already. Being a good friend to yourself can be seen in the ways you think, talk and act towards you. Someone who knows how to be a good friend to themselves is equally able to treat their friends just as well, meaning that they really understand how to be a friend and the magical things that come with it.
Remember that you are all very special! Knowing this is a great way to bring more joy. Life isn’t about being the most popular person with the most number of friends, but it is about having friends that are there for you, who truly appreciate you for all that you are and all that you have without reason. Celebrate your friendships between you, your Self and others. You are very dear to the world, just as everyone else is.
Becoming Friends With Yourself
1. Find a place where you can sit or lie quietly and comfortably.
2. Close your eyes and breathe in and out deeply.
3. Focus your attention on the top of your head and begin to imagine that you are climbing a magical ladder.
4. Picture this ladder in your mind as you climb higher and higher.
5. You pass the clouds and you start to climb higher into the sky and up past the stars.
6. You have climbed to the top of this ladder and you have arrived at a beautiful temple.
7. This temple has a silver waterfall at its entrance and the water from this gently sprinkles over you as you enter.
8. When entering this temple, you can see a large round room that is very colourful and it feels very peaceful.
9. There is a person who is glowing a shiny white light, sitting at the opposite end of this room and they call out your name to invite you to come and sit with them.
10. As you sit down face to face with this person, you both look at each other.
11. Looking at this person’s light, you begin to see the shape of their face.
12. Your eyes adjust to their shiny light and you recognise that this person looks exactly like you. This is your Higher Self, a part of you who exists as your highest and shiniest light!
13. They raise their hand in front of them to reach out to you and place it on your heart.
14. You do the same, raising your hand to place it on their heart.
15. It begins to feel warm and a light grows around you both.
16. You feel safe and secure and you begin to have a conversation with this part of you.
17. You are free to talk to your Higher Self about anything you wish. Ask a question, make a comment, a compliment, and talk about your feelings. Get to know this part of yourself!
18. Listen to how they respond to you and listen to what your Higher Self has to say to you.
19. Continue your conversation for as long as you need to, knowing that this is your sacred place to come to and communicate in an open and honest way.
20. When you feel that you are both finished, you thank your Higher Self for inviting you to this temple today and you say farewell, promising to return regularly to connect with each other and your Self.
21. You exit the temple and climb back down the ladder, gently returning into your body and your surroundings.
22. Wiggle your fingers and toes, take a nice deep breath and gently open your eyes.
23. Journal your experiences of this place that you have visited today.