Personal space is about your own inner sanctuary – your place of retreat, where you can go, which is either a physical place or a place in your mind. Personal space is about allowing yourself to find your Self through working it out for yourself in connection to your own heart, mind and body. Personal space is about stepping back into your own place of power, as it might seem that those around you are having an influence on you, leading you away from your very own nature. Personal space is used to describe where you turn to work out the mysteries and questions of your life right now.
Perhaps there is an issue or choice that you need to think about and someone else’s influence is actually creating more confusion, because it clashes with what you already know and how you feel. Although others mean well when they try to give you advice, sometimes it is helpful for you to get in touch with your own feelings towards the situation, because at the end of the day, it is you walking this road and it is based on you. Personal space is about giving yourself the opportunity to think it over and to really ask yourself how it feels, what it looks like and what outcome you are really after.
Take a step back into your personal space today and disconnect from the outside world. Everyone has their own cycles and needs their own time and space to simply be themselves. Personal space is about you giving this to yourself and allowing yourself the freedom to think, say, and act in ways that are completely natural to you and do not push the buttons of someone or something else.
Thinking about your own personal space, this is a reminder about the opportunities that lie before you, for you to come back into a place of great power, for it is through this personal space that you give yourself a moment to trust in yourself. Trust in yourself and believe in yourself, because you can do it. Life only gives you what you can handle.
While it takes great courage and responsibility to work things out according to your own values, beliefs, and experiences, it builds even stronger character and teaches you many important lessons to be able to accept, know and trust yourself in the most loving of ways.
If it is helpful to you, you might like to decorate a special part of your room, garden, or home that is suitable for you to have a place that is just for you, where you can connect with yourself and retreat and resolve. Remember that when you talk to your angels and special friends, you can hear them easier when things are still and calm.
Cleansing and Creating Personal Space
1. Find a quiet place where you can sit or lie comfortably.
2. Close your eyes and begin to breathe in and out nice and deeply.
3. Place both of your hands onto your heart and imagine two ovals forming across your heart.
4. One oval goes from your left side to right side and glows a bright green colour.
5. The second oval is longer and covers your heart from top to bottom and glows a bright purple colour.
6. What you have created here is an energy filter that goes around your heart to welcome in and clear away different energy throughout your day.
7. See it spinning and see it glowing.
8. Imagine that you are picking these two ovals up and you are emptying and washing them under a tap before putting them back into your heart.
9. As this filter goes back in, streams of green and purple light travel up into your shoulders, down into your arms, elbows, hands and fingertips.
10. With your hands filling with this light, move your hands to wrap a bubble around yourself.
11. Inside your bubble, you are free to go out into the world without absorbing energy that you don't need or that doesn't belong to you.
12. When you are inside this bubble, you can choose whether you would like to be around someone or something or not, without feeling tired or drained after doing so.
13. Imagine this bubble filling up with this coloured light and watch it form its shape.
14. You have just created your own safe and personal energy space. Tell yourself what kind of emotions, experiences and feelings you welcome into each day of your life. For example, I welcome in love, I welcome in peace. I welcome in happiness.
15. Your bubble represents you and what is important and special to you.
16. Having this in mind will also help you to understand that other people have their own space too and need to connect with that sometimes before feeling ready to be with the world again.
17. Try this exercise regularly and notice the difference that it makes in your everyday life.
18. When you feel that bubble is filled up and you are ready to finish, wiggle your fingers and toes, take a deep breath and gently open your eyes.
19. Write down your experiences in your journal.