Returning to Yourself Before Sleep
Before starting this exercise, make sure your room is tidy and everything is packed away, as this will help your energy settle much easier
1. Find a place where you can sit or lie quietly and comfortably.
2. Begin to breathe in and out deeply and imagine that you are under the stars of a starry night sky and as you look at the stars, you start to see beams of silver and pale blue light shining upon you.
3. This light feels cool and soft and you feel so relaxed and so peaceful as it fills your entire body.
4. Take a moment to enjoy this feeling as we will begin to turn our thinking to the colours of the rainbow flowing inside of you.
5. Think of the colour red, and imagine what you feel and look like when you safe and secure.
6. Think of the colour orange, and visualise what you look and feel like when you are creative and happy with the choices that you can make.
7. Focusing on the colour yellow, imagine how you look and feel like when you are powerful and in control of yourself.
8. Bringing your attention to the colour green, how do you look and feel when you are loveable, loved and loving to yourself and others? Picture this in your mind.
9. Thinking about the colour blue, imagine how you look and feel when you are able to communicate honestly and openly.
10. Concentrate on the colour indigo and imagine how you look and feel when you are connected to your dreams and different ways of seeing and interpreting the world.
11. Lastly, imagine how you look and feel when your mind is open to the Universe and when you want to stretch high up into the Universe.
12. With all of these versions of yourself standing before you, imagine each of them returning to you, as if different parts of you are coming back to you, to gather all your energy so that you can rest peacefully.
13. With all of these versions of yourself returning to you, you are ready for a relaxing, restful and recharging sleep.
14. Take a deep breath, open your eyes and write your experiences of this exercise into your journal.
Sleep and rest are absolutely necessary for you because your physical body needs to recharge itself. Getting enough sleep is ever so important for your overall health and wellbeing. It is through sleep that you are able to release everything from the day, to replenish your energy and to access a deeper realm of Self through your dreams. Sometimes you may stay up late or not sleep much at all and may feel grouchy and irritated quite easily. Or you might notice yourself yawning more than usual and not being able to concentrate.
Think about your days and nights and the types of things that you get up to. If you feel tired during the day, it is a sign that you need more rest. Take some time out to relax. Take some time out to disconnect from the busy things that you have to do. It might seem like you are being distracted through taking a rest, but keep in mind that if you are going through your days with less rest, then it means that you are unable to participate in everyday life with as much energy as you could.
During the nighttime, it is important for people of all ages, to get enough sleep. Think about what you do in the time you have after dinner and before bed. As sleep time needs to be relaxing, then you’ll need to do things that are calming and settling. The last things that you do before bed are what you carry into your mind before going to sleep. If you are doing things that make you really excited and active, then you’ll probably most likely find it more difficult for you to get a peaceful, restful night’s sleep. So if you like to play active games or watch movies, it would be a better idea for you to take part in them during a more active part of the day.
When you go to sleep each night, it’s important for you to let go of everything from the day that has passed. This is important because it allows you to be free from anything you may have picked up in your thinking during the day. Ask in your angels and special friends to help you.
You could imagine them by your side with their arms open, ready to receive all the things that you tell them. As you tell them each thing, you are letting them go, one by one. Letting go helps you to clear your mind and welcome in a sleep that is free of worry and free of drama. Sleeping peacefully and letting go before you sleep also gives you a chance to approach the next day with a clearer mind and brighter ideas. As you get enough sleep, you’ll notice your energy levels remaining high, giving you what you need to take on each day as exciting, new and refreshing.