Shining With the Sun
1. Find a quiet and relaxing place where you can stand outside during the early morning or late afternoon Sun.
2. Close your eyes and look in the direction towards the Sun’s light.
3. Breathe in and out, nice and deeply, beginning to imagine the Golden-Yellow light which is shining upon you.
4. Focus your attention on the centre of your forehead at the space in between your two eyebrows.
5. Imagine that the Golden Yellow light is entering your body through this spot which you are focusing on.
6. As this light begins to enter you, imagine the light filling and lighting you up, starting with your face.
7. Notice how this feels and looks in your mind, as this light shines through you.
8. Continue watching this light flowing through you, as it goes to your neck, feeling the warmth from the Sun as it travels.
9. This radiant sunlight keeps on flowing through you, going down into your shoulders, arms, hands and fingertips.
10. Feel this Sunlight tingling through the palms of your hands, knowing that this light is opening your body up, much like the opening of a flower that receives Sunlight.
11. Imagine this Sunlight travelling down the front and the back of your body, feeling so relaxed and full of energy as it shines through you.
12. Breathing in this beautiful energy from the Sun, it travels into your hips, knees, legs, ankles and the soles of your feet.
13. After passing through the soles of your feet, this Sunlight passes through the ground beneath you and passes through the layers of earth, rock and soil.
14. This Golden Yellow Sunlight sinks into the very centre of the planet and a red light begins to travel up through the ground, your feet, legs, body, shoulders, neck, face and out through the top of your head.
15. With both of these lights passing through you now, you feel balanced, focused and ready to shine in your world.
16. Bring your attention to your heart and imagine that these beams of light travel up through your shoulders, down into your arms and into the palms of your hands.
17. Hold your two hands facing each other as if you are holding a ball.
18. Imagine that a ball of Golden Yellow and Red is forming and it gets bigger with every deep breath that you take.
19. Think of a person or place that you would like to share this energy with today and imagine yourself throwing this ball to pass this on.
20. Picture this person or place receiving this energy and watch as they catch it with delight.
21. You give thanks to the Sun and the Earth for providing you with this energy and light today and you are ready to awaken, knowing that you have been able to share this beautiful gift with someone today.
22. Begin to wiggle your fingers and your toes, take a nice deep breath and gently open your eyes.
23. Write down your experiences in your journal or special place.
Spending some time in the sun is a wonderful way of feeling uplifted. The energy from the sun is what gives you that boost during the day. Think of flowers, plants, and trees, they all need sunlight, because the sunlight helps them to open up. Think of yourself as a flower. The cells in your body open up with the rays of the sun, welcoming in the warmth, and nourishing you and filling your entire body. Sunlight is ever so important because it can affect things such as your appetite, emotions, energy levels and overall health and wellbeing.
The sun is like a light that is shone onto Earth which provides radiance for all of life. Sunlight could be seen like the light that keeps the path lit. Thinking about it this way, sunlight is what keeps you in good health and good shape. Sometimes people believe that it is more common to get sick in winter because it is cold, but this happens because they spend more time indoors and do not receive as much sunlight. Throughout any of the seasons, the amount of time you spend in the sun is just as important as any other time of the year.
The sun always shines, and it doesn’t matter whether it is raining or whether it is one particular time of the year. An important lesson that we can learn from the sun is that the light always shines even when there are clouds in front of it. So just because you can’t see something, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. This means that even if you can’t see the sun or the sunshine, being outside will still have its benefits for you.
Thinking about the light that shines within you, you could be like the sun as well. On some days some things might not feel like they are going as well as you would’ve liked them to. You might like to think of this as the clouds coming in front of the sun. At the very centre of you, is your heart and the light that comes out of it. So just because things don’t seem to be going well, it doesn’t mean that there is no bright side to things.
Be the light, and choose to stay in the light. Know that with the rays of the sun that shine into the world, everything is opened up and given a nice, gentle, warming boost. You can be like this too through the ways that you choose to make your presence known in the world.
Like the sunshine, your smile lights up the world. Think of yourself like a beacon of light that warms up and welcomes the world a beautiful day ahead.