Developing an Attitude of Gratitude
1. Find a quiet place to close your eyes, relax and breathe deeply.
2. Your breathing becomes deeper with every breath and your body feels soft and relaxed.
3. Think about a time of the day that makes you happy. It can be something that has already happened or it can be something that you are looking forward to.
4. Imagine this picture in your mind, as you begin to see the different people, places, things and situation in your day.
5. As these all appear to you, take the time to thank each and every one of them.
6. With each thank you that you send out, think of what you are thanking them for and say it in your mind or out aloud.
7. Giving a reason to say each ‘thank you’ gives more meaning to who and what you are saying it to.
8. In your mind, every thank you that you say sends out a beam of white light which is shaped like a boomerang.
9. Every thank you that you send is like a gift that leaves you and returns to you.
10. Everyone and everything involved is lit up with this blessing.
11. Continue this process until you feel like you have finished for today.
12. Begin to wiggle your fingers and toes, take a nice deep breath and gently open your eyes.
13. Notice how you feel in your body after doing this exercise and write down your experiences of this exercise into your journal.
There are so many things to be thankful for in this world you live in. Being thankful and grateful for everything in your world, not only shows your appreciation, but it allows you to really understand how precious everything is to you. This is what allows you to really make the most of what you’ve got and to put in your best with all that life offers you. Sometimes it can be easy to focus only on the things that you don’t have, and while it’s quite common, it takes away from the joys and pleasures of what is already there.
By saying thankyou for the things that you have in your life, from the most simple things, to the things that might only happen on special moments, you are able to understand what really makes your heart sing.
Each day, think about 5 things which you are grateful for and say ‘thankyou’,
You can do this out aloud or silently in your head. Saying thankyou each day, helps you to welcome in better things in your life because of the way that your appreciation is sent out all the time, at every moment. Thank yourself when you do something great that you are proud of and happy with. Thank your parents for the lovely food they provide you with. Thank your teachers for a wonderful day at school. Thank your friends for being there for you and spending time with you. Thank the Universe for the beautiful world that you live in. There are so many things to be thankful for and showing your gratitude is a wonderful way to focus only on the positive qualities of these things.
Even though you may have moments that upset you, being thankful for the better times helps you to take your thinking to another place within your mind. This helps you to overcome anything that may seem to challenge you, because you are in a place of power, where you are focusing only on happiness and joy.
Thanking everything and everyone, is a beautiful way to acknowledge the world for all that is on offer to you. Being thankful gives you the opportunity to bless the world through telling it that you really enjoy what it currently in your life. Rather than thinking too much about what you don’t have, switch your thinking over to realising and knowing how magnificent the things you’ve already got are.
Today, think about your steps on a journey and thank yourself for making the effort for making it this far and being able to see things from a new set of eyes. Your angels and special friends would like to say ‘thankyou’ for simply being you. You are amazing.