Creativity is about exploring different ways of doing things and expressing yourself in many ways. Everyone is creative, and the ways that they share and show this to the world may be different from person to person. It is quite common for people to think of creativity as the colourful way that pictures are drawn or painted, however, this is just one form of creativity and there are so many more. When you live a life of creativity, you live with an open heart and mind, because it is what keeps you open to the unlimited possibilities for you to express and enjoy yourself. Creativity can exist in any area and direction of your life.
Some examples of being creative can include:
- Answering questions at school in a creative way that uses your imagination
- Building something through construction toys like Lego,
- Creating your own stories,
- Dancing and moving to music or playing music,
- Making your bed or decorating your room in a creative way that pleases you,
- Walking to school or shops creatively, through walking a different path and
- Writing down your thoughts and writing beautiful poems and stories.
It might seem repetitive to do the same things the same way, over and over again. Expressing your creativity is what keeps things interesting. You are free to explore things in as many directions as you wish. As you do so, you exercise every part of your being, and because of this, you keep things exciting!
You are safe to explore the world and express yourself in loving and unique ways.
The road less travelled can be very rewarding, as it welcomes in all the good that life has to offer and all the good that you have to offer. As you become more creative yourself, your mind will open up to new possibities, meaning that you welcome in more and more magical things in your life. Living a life full of creativity brings you lots of joy into your life, because it is what opens the door to your heart. When your ability to express your creativity grows, so too does your appreciation for life itself.
Enhancing Creativity With the Sun
1. Find a quiet place where you can sit or lie comfortably.
2. Close your eyes and begin to breathe in and out nice and deeply.
3. Start to imagine that it is an early morning with a beautiful, clear sky.
4. You look into the horizon and you can see the sun slowly beginning to rise.
5. You can see the shades of golden yellow and orange as the sun approaches.
6. You can feel that as the sun comes up, it is starting to get warmer inside of you and outside of you.
7. As the sun rises, you look around and you can see flowers opening up with the sunrise.
8. Notice the beauty of these flowers and how wonderful they look, glowing in the sun.
9. Place one of your hands on your belly button and the other hand just above it, by your stomach, as there are two flowers inside of you that are beginning to open too with this sun.
10. The flower that has opened up on your belly button glows a beautiful warm orange colour, while the flower on your stomach glows a beautiful golden yellow colour.
11. These flowers begin to spin and you can feel their movements, as if they are dancing with excitement from the sunlight.
12. A magical orange and yellow powder comes out of these flowers and it forms a cloud that wraps around you like a warm blanket.
13. With this magical orange and yellow cloud wrapped around you, your creative ideas can come to life very easily.
14. Ask yourself what one thing you could do differently or try today and pay attention to what appears in your feeling, hearing, seeing and thinking.
15. Pay attention to how wonderful and safe you feel to do so while you are in this cloud.
16. Inside of this cloud, you are free to express yourself and imagine however you like.
17. Take your time, and when you are ready, take a nice deep breath and imagine that you are breathing in the golden yellow and orange energy from this cloud into every part of your body, mind and spirit.
18. You can take this into the day ahead of you and you can create something special today.
19. Write down or draw the things that you have imagined and return to this cloud whenever you feel that you need some new ideas.